At Riverside Primary School and Nursery, we are passionate about preparing every child to become a happy, responsible and effective citizen. Our values-based approach is threaded through our entire school and ensures children develop their character to be prepared for life beyond school. We consistently promote British values and our school values.
|Appreciation||Co-operation||Love and Care|
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Developing personal and social responsibility
- Respect for British Institutions
How we teach personal development in school
- It is taught in discrete lessons through our PSHE curriculum
- It is taught with cross-curricular links through The Learning Challenge curriculum and other lessons, such as English, Physical Education, and Religious Education.
- All staff consistently model how to be effective citizens who uphold the school values.
- School Council
- Eco Council
- Volunteering - Playtime Buddy, litter picking, library monitor and lunchtime heroes.
- Digital Leaders
- Sports Leaders
- Assemblies - Whole school, special visitors and celebration
- Celebrating positive learning outcomes and effort with shared praise and certificates
- A wide variety of after-school clubs
- Competing in a huge array of competitions
- Well-sequenced day and residential trips.
- Celebrating different languages, cultures and religions
- Healthy Schools Award
- Eco-Schools Award
- National Online Safety Certified School 2022
- School Games Gold Award 2014 - 2022
- Herefordshire Primary School of the Year for PE and School Sports 2018