Covid - 19 Information
A letter from Karen Wright, Director of Public Health can be found here.
A letter from Herefordshire Council can be found here.
Back to School -
We hope that everyone is well and has had a good summer. We are really looking forward to seeing you all next week.
Term starts on 2nd September 2020.
Further to the letter sent out in July, we wanted to reiterate a few things that need to be enforced to keep everyone as safe as possible:
- Hand hygiene, enhanced cleaning and reducing social contact will underpin how we operate safely
- There will be a strict one way system on the school site and there is signage in place to help you with this
- We will continue to operate a staggered arrival and departure time (see below). If there is too much congestion on the playground, we will have to increase these times
- Only one person to drop off and collect children. Please ensure you practise strict social distancing and stand at least 2m from the teacher at the classroom door
- You must contact us as soon as possible if your child, or a member of your household, tests positive for Covid-19 and inform track and trace
- School lunches will be available - please book and pay on ParentPay as normal. Lunchtimes will be slightly reduced to enable the staggered start and finish times
- We will be operating breakfast and after school club and these will run in year group/class ‘bubbles’ and bookings must be made in advance. Please book and pay for Breakfast Club on ParentPay. Please pay for After School Club on ParentPay and email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements
- Where possible children will be kept in class ‘bubbles’. There will be times when we operate a year group ‘bubble’ e.g. break and lunch times and if your child attends wrap around care
- If the risk to our school community becomes too great, we will close breakfast club and after school club and we may also need to reduce lunchtimes and close the school slightly earlier in the day for additional cleaning
- Please avoid coming into the school office – you can call on 01432-274653 or email: email@example.com – children are not able to be dropped off or collected from the office unless we have contacted you and asked you to do so
- If you need to send someone else to collect your child, please email us before 12noon each day - we will not be able to take messages to classes or collect children outside of normal times
- Children are expected to wear school uniform - please note that round neck jumpers are not part of our uniform and should not be worn
- Our ties are now clip on and you can buy one from the school office. We also sell book bags and PE bags. We can only accept contactless card payments. The office will be open from 9am-3pm on 1st September for this
- Existing ties can still be worn for the next year but any new ones purchased must be clip on
- Please only send essential items to school with your child i.e. PE kit, lunch box, water bottle, coat etc
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, please do not send in birthday cakes. We will, of course, be celebrating children's birthdays every week as normal
- Please ensure we have at least two contacts on your child's records and that these are up to date
- The government is encouraging walking to school where possible. Please be mindful of reduced car parking facilities on site
The latest government guidance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/what-parents-and-carers-need-to-know-about-early-years-providers-schools-and-colleges-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/what-parents-and-carers-need-to-know-about-early-years-providers-schools-and-colleges-in-the-autumn-term
Drop off and collection times for all year groups will be:
|Surname||Drop off time||Collection time|
Classes will be moving up as follows:
|Current Class||Class in September 2020||Teacher|
|RAG||1WG||Mrs Williams & Mrs Gardner|
Thank you all for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you next week.